Medio Pomelo

Anything that keeps us away from television must be good.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Saffa Dream


I have been temping for SABMiller all through the Summer. (In case you were wondering it stands for South African Breweries and I did some temporary backoffice jobs for them.) I made friends with some of the guys there and when I left I was given a book called "This is South Africa", a souvenir they give to visitors. It's one of those dangerously beautiful books with vivid pictures and very little writing that usually wakes the travel bug in me and whispers in my ears seductively:

"You HAVE TO go there! Look how awesome these places are. Can you imagine a life without ever setting foot on the Cedarberg Mountains or seeing the Leopards lazing around Kruger National Park?"

Of course I have more boring stuff on my mind now that I'm moving to Spain, finding a job, a flat, some friends, topping up my bank account etc. But these images feed my need to daydream for now. Has any of you ever been there?








Pictures taken from flickr.com
From top to bottom, left to right:
Kruger National Park
Augrabies Falls
Drakensberg Mountains
Cedarberg Mountains
Kruger National Park
Blyde River Canyon
Western Cape in Spring

Cedarberg Mountains

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home