Medio Pomelo

Anything that keeps us away from television must be good.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Hour Zero


I meant to post these beautiful pictures yesterday but I really didn't find the time. I still feel like stopping for a moment and having a think about what happened there 5 years ago, how after started to feel different in an instant from before.


I found them in flickr.com
Before is from *Your Guide

After is from Sister72


7 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Nothing Really Matters said…

    These are nice pictures!

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Nacho said…

    ¡Brutal!

    Todavía no sé qué decir ni qué pensar. No lo entiendo.

     
  • At 3:27 PM, Blogger EXSENO said…

    They are beautiful.

     
  • At 6:43 AM, Blogger Diablorama said…

    esos edificios se veian muy bien...

    lastima.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger Steve Sheppard said…

    I was listening to Mancow, a shock jock out of Chicago, in my car. He stopped instantly and said "A plane just crashed into the World Trade Center. Call if you know anything about it." Then I descended into the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel and lost radio. My first job took three times as long because me and the customer just stared at the TV for two hours. Besides sorrow, the next most dominant thought for months was "how did we allow this?"

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said…

    Steve, I bet it must have been tremendous to live it so near where it actually happened. It shook the whole world by the sholders and I, like you, just stared at the TV for hours in disbelief, watching the plane crash hundreds of times and could not believe that these things could happen to America and our "safe" western civilisation.

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Steve Sheppard said…

    The problem is that it was totally preventable. We had intel that something was coming - plus, Bin Laden was captured back in the '90s, but released. It's going to happen again, I'm afraid, because we are such a free society, and we always assume people won't do this sort of thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home