Medio Pomelo

Anything that keeps us away from television must be good.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

My Brand New Feet


While backpacking earlier this year I started to write a list of things I'd like. The list includes little bits and bobs I'm gonna ask Santa for Christmas and my Parents for my birthday because when it's time I can never think of anything good. Now I have it absolutely clear that Santa will need to find me a Camel Bak water bottle and a multi tool I lost in Malaysia and this way I can save him the bother to buy me a pair of new gloves or pyjamas I won't ever wear.

The list also includes stuff I would like to buy myself in the near future such as an iPod and a new camera and a bike and about 500 more things I either sold before I went travelling or I realised I couldn't live without anymore while I was away.

Yesterday I ticked one of these things off my list.

I bought myself a pair of new feet. Have a look, aren't they brand new shiny and happy?




What happened was that for as long as I've had my old pair (29 years - long time) I treated them with utmost brutality. I have been wearing shoes that didn't quite fit and heels that were way to high to be healthy (but look good, ey), have been walking them up and down mountains and criss and cross entire cities and never gave them a proper rest.

By now they were screaming at me every time I made them work hard:
"Stop it, I won't wear those things!" or "Forget it, I won't take you there, jump in a cab or stuff yourself!"
And sometimes they were begging me:
"Please give us a break, we need a wellness weekend and some pampering! We are sore and hard and broken!"

Yesterday I decided I'd give in. I took my feet for repair to the pedicurist. She looked at them seriously with pity in her eyes, worked on them carefully, used all sorts of tools to get them fixed and in no time I was the happy owner of a pair of brand new feet! I can't stop touching them and looking at them in amazement, I swear they have no resemblance to the old ones, they are soft as a baby's and beautiful as a queen's! I also started to use them, try walking, jogging and messing around in them and they feel comfy as cushions!

I feel I could run a Marathon today. But I don't want to wear them out so quick. I'll treat them better now than the old ones because I'm not sure if the change can be repeated as many times as I want to.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:18 PM, Blogger Nacho said…

    Muy graciosos los calcetines de la foto.

    Buen finde.

     
  • At 5:30 AM, Blogger EXSENO said…

    You better take care of those feet. I see that little bump through those cute socks at the base of your big toe, sticking up like a knuckle on a hand, I bet that foot aches sometimes. That's from shoe abuse.Girl forget those pretty shoes and get some practical ones. Your feet will thank you later. I know,heels I'm short. And with the highest heel too. Now I pay the price.

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Nothing Really Matters said…

    That's just what my feet are in need of!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said…

    NACHO, gracias! Lo se, me encantan.

    TOM, pedicurists have one of the most disgusting jobs but they can do wonders to your feet!

    EXSENO, well spotted! :) I thought I have hidden those bumps alright! The dilemma of practical shoes vs sexy shoes is painfully big, not quite sure if I can make the reasonable decision here. I so like my heels whenever it's not hiking boots and no way I would ever walk to work in business clothes and a pair of sneakers.... That's just ugly. Or am I being too vain?

    NRM, go for it, you'll feel like a million dollars afterwards!

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said…

    Dora, I am glad to hear you are taking better care of your feet, but beware; if you make this a theme, you are going to get a bunch of creepy foot fetishist lurkers that will link your feet pictures to their blogs and/or creepy foot porn compedium.

    Unless you enjoy the thought of disturbed people masturbating to your feet. Never mind, then, if that's the case.

     
  • At 1:51 PM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said…

    Another way of looking at your feet: Keep them moving around places.

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger T.H. Elliott said…

    If you end up getting your new i-Pod, you could get a pair of matching i-Pod socks for it. Nice feet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home