Ooops I did it again....
If you look up GWB in Wikipedia you will find in the very first chapter the exact same thing only without the cartoon:
"Since being re-elected in 2004, Bush has received increasingly heated criticism, even from former allies, on the Iraq War and the Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse scandal, as well as domestic issues such as federal funding of stem cell research, Hurricane Katrina, NSA warrantless surveillance controversy, record budget deficits, the nomination of Harriet Miers for the Supreme Court, and a number of scandals, such as the Jack Abramoff corruption scandal and the Plame CIA leak controversy. According to opinion polling, his popularity has declined."
I wonder how long the list will grow by 2009 and how many times the last "biggest mistake" will be updated by something new. Is there anything unthinkably stupid that you imagine he will get done in the remaining time? I just thought converting Yellowstone National Park to a large parking lot would definitely enrich his oeuvre.



14 Comments:
At 2:18 PM,
Matyas said…
The pic is by Steve Bell, the Guardian cartoonist. Here is a link to his previous works if anyone is interested, I used to browse them a lot, they are quite funny.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/cartoons/stevebell/archive/0,,1284265,00.html
At 2:35 PM,
Nacho said…
Ciertamente la tontería del parking en Yellowstone no está nada mal. Pero la supera la idea de explotar los recursos petrolíferos de Alaska. Se le ha debido olvidar la tragedia que supuso el caso del Exxon Valdez hace años.
Tampoco estuvo nada mal cuando dijo que los incendios en el bosque -problema muy serio todos los veranos en España- se arreglan quemando previamente la superficie.
Bueno, por lo menos merece un respeto porque reprensenta a miles de personas que le apoyan. Aunque tenga ideas no muy afortunadas.
Un besobeso, guapa.
At 3:51 PM,
EXSENO said…
Yes, I can think of a lot of things, but the one that comes foremost to my mind is that the idiot well cause a third world war.
At 5:47 PM,
Kepa said…
si, la lista de tonterias de Bush por desgracia no cocnoce límites!!!!
Besos
At 12:04 PM,
Medio Pomelo said…
Maty, this is Zapiro, who I'm not sure at all if the same as Steve Bell but I don't think so. He is South African and you can see his work at
http://www.mg.co.za/zapiro/default.aspx
I checked Steve Bell though and he is well funny too!
At 1:32 PM,
Matyas said…
Well, I'm sure they are not the same then. Sorry!! I got confused, because they both seem to like depicting Mr. Bush as an ape...
At 6:57 AM,
Steve Sheppard said…
Abu Ghraib? couple idiots go on their own and take silly pictures? I had worse in college and boot camp, and it's nowhere close to the hamburger grinders Saddam used on his people. Guantanamo - the waterboard, been used for decades, centuries, harmless! Katrina is Bush's fault? Maybe he's stayed the same since 9/11 and we've all softened up, but he's doing a bang up job. Condi in '08!!! (Had to throw the other side in there.) Love ya! =o]
At 10:30 AM,
Diablorama said…
no sirve de nada que los propios norteamericanos critiquen a bush, ellos lo reeligieron...
The only big mistake was to get Bush reelected...
At 4:46 PM,
Fran Invernoz said…
The 'biggest mistakes' always, always, suppose good business and a lot of money to something. No sé si sabes que en la Patagonia argentina acaba de descubrirse una mina de oro y ya hay una empresa de los Estados Unidos, qué casualidad, tratando de comprar los terrenos. El imperio avanza dejando su huella con pingües ganancias para algunos.
At 9:05 PM,
Meticulousness said…
Politicians are way funnier than those comedians *grins*
At 1:33 AM,
Daniel de Witt said…
Dora, perdón por escribir en un idioma que no es el de tu blog, pero en mi ignorancia, es el único en el que puedo comunicarme.
Leí tu comentario en un blog, adhiriendo a mi postura con respecto a la reconstrucción del Líbano, y de allí ingresé a tu blog.
Esperaba encontrarme con el blog escrito en el más castizo castellano y me encontré con alguien que se llama Dora, escribe en inglés y vive en Budapest. Vaya sorpresa.
A propósito, conozco Budapest, estuve allí en 2001 y me encantó la ciudad. ¿Sos española, húngara..?
Un abrazo y te espero por mi blog.
At 2:18 PM,
EXSENO said…
I just don't understand why he hasn't been impeached by now. It certainly has to be on everyones minds by now. I just don't think anyone else wants to step in and try to deal with the mess he has made.
At 5:27 AM,
T.H. Elliott said…
Most presidents get credit, and blame, for everything that goes on in their presidency. But he is one of the few presidents that seems blindly clueless and hell bent on his strategies. Even if some of this couldn't have been his fault, his cavilier attitude makes you want to blame him.
At 10:08 AM,
Steve Sheppard said…
Impeached for what? What are the charges? I don't understand. He didn't lie. Everyone had the same intel about WMDs and acted on it, and now they're finding them, so it can't be that. Hrm.
Post a Comment
<< Home