In Girona
I did get on the plane.
I flew into Girona from Budapest which is a city in the North East of Spain and gateway to Costa Brava. It only costs 30 EUR from Budapest and even with the train to Madrid and a bit of a holiday it will be way cheaper than a direct flight for almost 200 EUR. The travelling experience calmed me down lots, as soon as I got on the plane all my doubts and fears became irrelevant and lost their importance. Probably thats why travelling works for most people as the ultimate tranquiliser.

The filght took me exactly one Cosmopolitan, from cover to cover, which is not too long considering the text-picture ratio. And yes, I read that sort of magazine otherwise how would I be able to handle my relationships so superbly? (haha:)
Anyways, I am now in a hostel, which turned out to be a fab deal: 16 EUR for a really nice dorm, huuuuge breakfast and unlimited internet use.... Not bad, ey? Im off to do a bit of sightseeing now, shooting to Barcelona tonight, do a bit of looking around there tomorrow and catching the night train to Madrid. By the time I reach the capital I will be totally acclimatised to my new home - at least thats what Im hoping for. Then I can start dealing with everything else including finding out where the apostrophe is on the Spanish keyboard.
Have a good weekend!!!


17 Comments:
At 2:27 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Dora,
I don't find anything... sorry.
Now you are more close to Madrid... "The Big Hole City"
At 6:38 PM,
Nacho said…
Bueno Dora, ya verás como el apóstrofe de la ñ y el acento ´ de las palabras se encuentra fácil en el teclado. No es tan complicado.
Bienvenida a Españaaaa.
At 1:13 AM,
Steve Sheppard said…
Dora, I thought you meant the drink, not the magazine. haha.
Good luck with the new place and the guy - although he'd better work a little harder for your sake - I know, things aren't always that simple, are they?
=o]
At 1:38 PM,
Kepa said…
hola!!!
he estado de vacaciones en Mallorca y ahora veo que ya estás en España!!! bienvenida!!! y espero que nos veamos algun día...besos
At 3:00 PM,
Tomás said…
al final te has decidido... valiente!
y espero que encuentres lo que andas buscando..
También espero que el alcalde encuentre pronto el tesoro, porque tanta obra...
un besote
At 8:17 PM,
Medio Pomelo said…
Hola todos!!!
gracias por las bienvenidas. Sigo en Barcelona que me encanta. Y Girona fue la mayor sorpresa de todo: una ciudad preciosas y totalmente desconocida por mi hasta ahora.
Steve, I so knew most readers would think of the drink automatically!!! :) Can it be because most readers never had anything to do with the mag but know the drink quite well?:)
At 9:34 PM,
egan said…
Oh boy, I love stories about hostels. Please do share all the juicy details. Damn punctuation.
At 5:25 PM,
EXSENO said…
Dora,
I envy you so much. I hope this works out great for you.
At 9:04 PM,
Nothing Really Matters said…
Dora you always take such nice pictures!
At 12:48 PM,
ELGAINE said…
Te veo prontito por la capital!!
Elgaine
At 12:16 AM,
Fran Invernoz said…
What beautiful photo about a wonderful landscape. Somebody said that travels are useful to know everything.
At 12:28 PM,
Steve Sheppard said…
Hello...Dora?
At 9:19 PM,
Fran Invernoz said…
¿Where are you? and ¿what are you doing?. I imagine, you are enjoying some travel. I miss your coments. Good luck. Ciao.
At 12:42 PM,
Ernesto said…
Tons... en España?
Ya estas en Madrid?
A ver si coincidimos en una ocasion.
Best Regards.
At 3:49 AM,
EXSENO said…
Hi Dora,
Just checking on you. Hope you are just too busy to blog and that everything is a O.K.
At 7:05 AM,
Boomer said…
OK my friend...It's 'put up or shut up time'...I've restarted my blog now you have to do the same.
Seriously though, I hope you're OK and that life goes well for you. Write soon.
At 3:15 PM,
EXSENO said…
Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment
<< Home