Medio Pomelo

Anything that keeps us away from television must be good.

Sunday, October 19, 2008

one can only love properly once...

I don't know where I read that when I was a teenager but the statement is stuck deep in my mind. I have put that theory to test and so far it has proved right. How unfortunate.
It's always when I think I'm over you, when I take a brave step to accept and make it public that I have someone else in my life even if it's just a sort of have (see previous post) you turn up somehow, in my dream, in my inbox or on my telephone screen. And you turn my pretended inner peace into a nuclear war. I still hope above sentence is one of those romantic notions that have absolutely no truth value whatsoever. However. Deep down, underneath the bandage and the plaster my heart feels that this might be the sad thruth. And being a romantic I only fight against it on the surface.
I still hurt and in an ever fading way I always will. We should have never let go of each other. We should have known that even if universal truths were not to be trusted our hearts accidentally worked according to them.

8 Comments:

  • At 7:34 PM, Blogger EXSENO said…

    Such a sad post.

    If you feel that strongly maybe you shouldn't give up?

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger T.H. Elliott said…

    I think you can love many people. Often once people are out of a relationship, they tend to glamorize it or make it better than it was. That may not be the case here, but there's always a reason why something doesn't work out. That reason usually still remains.

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Sebastián Leonangeli said…

    I think there are different kinds of love. And all of them whort the effort.
    The key is (or at least I think it is), don't give up and go for it, as we say in Argentina: "No one can take away from you what you've already danced"
    Now that I read it in another lenguage it sounds kind of stupid, hehe, but remember "¿Quien te quita lo bailado?" ;)

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger T.H. Elliott said…

    I really like that quote. 'Is Quien te quita lo bailado' how you say it in spanish?

     
  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger Sebastián Leonangeli said…

    Yes it is :)

     
  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger :Luvvie said…

    I think everyone will always have one person who they measure everyone else against. That one person who makes your heart flutter when you see someone who reminds you of him. But, that doesn't mean you can't love again. You'll just love differently.

     
  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said…

    I really liked the fact that NONE of you agreed with the title!!! Thanks guys! :)) You are probably right about loving differently, I should just stop measuring love on a scale...
    Sebastian, good phrase that one is! And where else can it come from than Argentina?? :)))

     
  • At 6:21 AM, Blogger almost loved said…

    I believe that love will happen more than once. It's just that we're too busy dwelling in the past or maybe trying to measure up others against that past love.. that will make new love "fail"... Also, who is to say that you can't love more than one person at the same time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home