Medio Pomelo

Anything that keeps us away from television must be good.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

The World Through the Eyes of a Blogger...

... is different from a world through the eyes of those who glide through their days without leaving written evidence of their day-to-day existence. This Nobel-prize worthy truth dawned on me for the following reason:
I had no internet connection at home for September and since blogging in the office is a no-no I was temporarily expelled from Blogland. After a few days of not writing I became aware that I completely stopped "collecting material" too. I didn't feel the need to pick up on small gestures, feelings, interesting, funny or annoying happenings of my life that later could serve as a decent starting point for the day's writing. I went through the entire month of September in a state of indifference to details, which is not something a Blogger ever should do! I noticed a difference in my life: when writing my blog I force myself to notice the small beauties of the world as if observing everything around me through a pair of binoculars. Without my binoculars though (or rather, blogoculars) September will forever disappear in my wastebasket of memories as a crumpled sheet of paper with blurred ink blots.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep. That is so true. But I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse.

    Sometimes, instead of simply enjoying a moment, I find myself thinking about how I'm going to write about it. Which sucks, coz then I'm not immersed in the enjoyment, but detached from it, looking in.

    But for other situations, I think we're cool. Heheh.

     
  • At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yep. That is so true. But I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse.

    Sometimes, instead of simply enjoying a moment, I find myself thinking about how I'm going to write about it. Which sucks, coz then I'm not immersed in the enjoyment, but detached from it, looking in.

    But for other situations, I think we're cool. Heheh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home