Dooooh!!!
What a laugh I had today. I joined my best friend Erika this afternoon
to go on a girly shopping spree downtown. By the time I got to the shopping area she was already in H&M terribly preoccupied because "there was not one rag in the bloody store designed for her body". We continued our quest to find drop-dead sexy outfits for this hen night we are both going to on Thursday. When the mission was successfully completed we went to collect Erika's bike from a street nearby, however, the bike was gone when we arrived.
to go on a girly shopping spree downtown. By the time I got to the shopping area she was already in H&M terribly preoccupied because "there was not one rag in the bloody store designed for her body". We continued our quest to find drop-dead sexy outfits for this hen night we are both going to on Thursday. When the mission was successfully completed we went to collect Erika's bike from a street nearby, however, the bike was gone when we arrived. There was a bit of panicky running around, asking shop assistants if they had seen anything through their shop windows, but naturally, no one had seen anything suspicious. One guy suggested we went straight to the police station as there was a CCTV camera installed right across the street from where the bike was supposed to be. That's what we did, went down to the police station and Erika filed a report "against an unknown criminal for theft".
When that was done the policeman called a department where they could re-wind the CCTV recording and asked them to watch the bit between 11:30 and 12:30 - the time when the bike must have been stolen. We heard the policeman repeating what his colleague told him on the phone: "yes, 11:32, blond lady with grey bag arrives and locks bike" (Erika). "11:34 blond lady goes into shoe shop." "11:47 same blond lady leaves shoe shop, unlocks bike and rides away towards H&M".
There was a loud DOOOOH. Then Erika went red as a tomato. The rest was laughter, blonde jokes from the policemen and apologies from my worryingly forgetful friend... We giggled all the way back to H&M where the bike was patiently waiting. The report against the unknown criminal was promptly withdrawn.
Have you got a good Dooooooh story to share?


4 Comments:
At 10:31 PM,
T.H. Elliott said…
I called a help desk for a problem I was racking my brain over all day. I was upset and pretty rude to the guy. He suggested something blindly obvious and I was till pretty rude, but tried it anyway. It worked, and it was something I had glossed over. I felt so bad I apologized profusely.
At 7:55 AM,
Anonymous said…
OMG...that is hilariously funny! But I cringed in embarassment for your friend too! Hahaha...
When I first read about her losing the bike, the first thing that came to my mind was the movie Happy Go Lucky.
Have you seen it? There's a scene in there about losing a bike, but that's not the point. It's a great uplifting movie! :)
At 9:50 AM,
Medio Pomelo said…
T.H.E.:how typical is that!! I do the same all the time, cursing over my PC just to be told I haven't plugged it in or something silly :))
Thanks for sharing it! :)
DORA: no, I don't know that momvie, but will look it up, thanks for recommending!!
At 5:00 PM,
EXSENO said…
Oh my God. That is one of those moment that make you just want to crawl away. And she's a blond, I bet the police were doing blond jokes after you left. lol
Post a Comment
<< Home