Medio Pomelo

Anything that keeps us away from television must be good.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

London mood: cloudy, noisy, too crazy

My good Kiwi friend EJ has just put a note out on Facebook to say she is pregnant. :))
It stirred a whirlwind of emotions in me and after reading the note the following things went through my Bridget Jonesian mind in just 5 minutes:

1) burst into tears because I was so happy for her 2) imagined a little freckled kiwi baby and I adored it 3) sent a note to hubby Andy to say I loved him for getting EJ pregnant and e-mailed EJ to say I loved her anyway 4) started to agonise over my single-girl status that's a light year away from having a stable relationship let alone a family 5) started to agonise over the fact that I feel light years away even from a summer fling, forget the stable relationship 6) went through the "i effed up my life big time" record over and over again 7) swept the bad feelings under the dirty carpet of my emotional junk room 8) felt the need to give the biggest hug to EJ and tell her she is going to make a wonderful Mum.

I am not exaggerating. This is the kind of tragic heroine I've transformed into lately. And it takes such a hell of an effort to not turn even the happiest news into my own personal dramas. I'm glad EJ doesn't read this blog. All I want her to know is that the arrival of her baby is the best thing in the world.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:12 AM, Blogger almost loved said…

    Aww. *hugs* You'll get there too someday.

     
  • At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi! I don't know you, and you don't know me. I somehow happened to stumble across your blog and is intrigued by the fact that there is another blog out there written by another Dora...

     
  • At 1:37 AM, Blogger GrizzBabe said…

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm sorry I'm so late in returning the favor. My life's been. . .well, you don't want to hear my drama.

    Glad you could rejoice in your friend's good fortune. I understand completely how you feel. Whenever one of my single friends announced yet another engagement, I would be genuinely happy for them, but my own depressing record would start to play. Same band, different tune. Sometimes, you just need to snap that thing in two!

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is great info to know.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello im new to this. I came upon this forum I have found It extremely accommodating and its helped me a lot. I should be able to give something back and guide others like it has helped me.

    Cheers, See You Later

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's Happening i'm fresh here, I stumbled upon this website I have found It positively helpful and it's helped me alot. I hope to contribute & aid others like it has helped me.

    Cheers, See Ya Later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home