Medio Pomelo

Anything that keeps us away from television must be good.

Sunday, November 02, 2008

It's Easy to Quit Smoking...

For the past 54 days I gave up smoking and I put some coins into my piggy bank (giraffe, actually) every day as a reward for my efforts. I meant to spend the savings on some nice, healthy stuff.


I've just opened the bank (it's got a practical little rubber plug up its arse). The coins fell rushing down on the kitchen table. I'm popping down to 7-11 to buy a packet of fags.

7 Comments:

  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger T.H. Elliott said…

    That sounds like something I would do. Only, I would put away money for every day I didn't buy computer stuff.

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Rod said…

    Hi Dora just checking in to let you know I'm still alive and to say well done on kicking the evil weed. I used to smoke 2 packs a day till I gave up about 10 years ago...it's well worth it my friend and not just for the cash.
    "It's not the cough that carries you off,
    It's the coffin they carry you off in":)
    ....just a cheery thought to strengthen your resolve.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said…

    just for the record: I did NOT pop down to 7-11 in the end. It wasn't my enormous will power that stopped me, it was laziness... Good thing is, another day passed without smoking.

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger egan said…

    Phew, it's a tough habit to break. So what did you actually buy then?

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger almost loved said…

    Yeah for you! I've never smoked but I can imagine how hard it is to quit, so kudos to you for quitting! Please keep it up. :)

     
  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said…

    Egan: I'm getting paid tomorrow so I'm spending the money on very basic stuff :) Bread, milk etc :)) Terrible with arriving at the end of the month with spare money...

     
  • At 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah. Good to hear you didn't buy the cigarettes in the end!

    At the end of your post, I was like WHAT?! hahaha...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home