Photos From my Backpack
As Shirazi pointed it out to me (and I thank you for the comment!) I should really write about my backpacking trip. This has given me the final motivation to finish organising my pictures and share them with anyone who is interested, so instead of starting to write my travel tales, here are my memories captured by my little Sony digicam.


This year, in January, after many sleepless nights and long calculations I finally packed a few useful things into my backpack (14 kgs), gave up my job (Recruitment Consultant) and became a full-time backpacker for a while. I had never left Europe before and all I knew was that the travel bug would keep biting me as long as I postponed this trip. I bought a ticket that followed the route London-Bangkok-Auckland-Sydney-London, picked up a 1997 copy of the Lonely Planet Guide to South East Asia (big mistake, you need up-to-date stuff :), said goodbye to everyone and headed East. I thought I would be back by April due to my super-tight budget. However, I managed to keep travelling till June and it turned out to be the best way of spending every single penny of my savings.
I created 3 Flickr accounts to upload my photos. (I'm too skint to buy a big capacity account :) It is a bit complicated and confusing to follow my story through my pictures but here is some help:
If you would like to see my pics from Thailand and Malaysia, please do it here. I think Thailand was by far the most rewarding travel experience purely because it is so different and therefore, so exciting. The kind of place where you have no clue what's there to eat because you cannot read the menu and might end up with pigs head soup. But it's just part of the adventure which just made it all the better.

The story of my trip in Malaysia and Singapore goes on in the next account together with New Zealand. It is a country of unbelievable beauty and the kindest folks in the world. A country governed by three ultimate forces: the Department of Conservation, 40 million sheep and Bungy Jumping.

Finally, I spent the last 3 weeks in Australia, which was quality fun but a bit chilly by the time I got there. Also, I was running real low on time and cash and Oz is no place for tight budget holidays but the pictures speak for themselves. It is a gorgeous country, too vast to visit in just 3 weeks, too beautiful to ever forget.

Any comments are welcome. I am not a good photographer and my camera is not that great either but I hope I can carry some of my experiences through to you with my photos. Comments underneath the photos are in Hungarian, I decided it was too unfair to leave some of my folks out of it all. I suggest you all learn my language, it's really not that hard! :)
Finally, as I'm not the most logical thinker you will ever meet, I have to admit that the first set of pics (Thailand and Malaysia) have been uploaded the wrong way round... The chronology is correct if you start from the last page and go backward ;) Maybe it is best if you put it on slideshow, that is done in the right order.
Enjoy it and hope I have given you a travel bug's bite!

I created 3 Flickr accounts to upload my photos. (I'm too skint to buy a big capacity account :) It is a bit complicated and confusing to follow my story through my pictures but here is some help:
If you would like to see my pics from Thailand and Malaysia, please do it here. I think Thailand was by far the most rewarding travel experience purely because it is so different and therefore, so exciting. The kind of place where you have no clue what's there to eat because you cannot read the menu and might end up with pigs head soup. But it's just part of the adventure which just made it all the better.

The story of my trip in Malaysia and Singapore goes on in the next account together with New Zealand. It is a country of unbelievable beauty and the kindest folks in the world. A country governed by three ultimate forces: the Department of Conservation, 40 million sheep and Bungy Jumping.

Finally, I spent the last 3 weeks in Australia, which was quality fun but a bit chilly by the time I got there. Also, I was running real low on time and cash and Oz is no place for tight budget holidays but the pictures speak for themselves. It is a gorgeous country, too vast to visit in just 3 weeks, too beautiful to ever forget.

Any comments are welcome. I am not a good photographer and my camera is not that great either but I hope I can carry some of my experiences through to you with my photos. Comments underneath the photos are in Hungarian, I decided it was too unfair to leave some of my folks out of it all. I suggest you all learn my language, it's really not that hard! :)
Finally, as I'm not the most logical thinker you will ever meet, I have to admit that the first set of pics (Thailand and Malaysia) have been uploaded the wrong way round... The chronology is correct if you start from the last page and go backward ;) Maybe it is best if you put it on slideshow, that is done in the right order.
Enjoy it and hope I have given you a travel bug's bite!



11 Comments:
At 1:33 AM,
Steve Sheppard said…
Can we trade lives? Where do you stay when you go to all those places? I've never been out of the US, except for canoeing over to Canada once, but only for ten minutes. Save me! Steve
At 11:02 AM,
Boomer said…
You have been to Fraser and swum in the crystal waters of McKenzie, the centre of my own personal universe and a place I visit as often as time and my ageing 4x4 will allow. Pity we weren't mates when you were in Brizzie, I would have bought you a decent beer instead of that Carlton stuff that pops up in many of your pics...Oz is the richer for your visit, come back soon.
At 11:28 AM,
S A J Shirazi said…
Wish I was there too. Keep your ichy feet moving. And thanks for this plug in.
I am having the pleasure to link you at my blog.
At 11:58 AM,
Medio Pomelo said…
Steve, start with the Grand Canyon, go on to Yosemite and don't stop from then on. That's my word of wisdom for you :)
Rudi, i wish you had bought me a beer too!!! :)) Would have been cool to meet up! And you are wrong if you think Carlton was bad... It was a huge step forward from goon! :))
Shirazi, I wish I could stop my itchy feet from itching.
At 1:27 PM,
ChickyBabe said…
You're definitely passing on the travel bug! Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Australia.
At 2:51 PM,
Unknown said…
That's a nice set of pics you have on Flickr.
At 10:19 PM,
matt of comooxdom said…
Great pictures. It really looks like a great place. I'm one of these people who finds myself stuck to a job whereas part of me would love the travelling life.
At 1:39 PM,
Kepa said…
I'm envy!!!! Australia, New Zeeland...I WANT IT I WANT IT buahhhhh buahhhh
;-)
At 4:25 PM,
Sir Phantom said…
Que buenas fotos! Que viaje te pegaste! Tengo muchas ganas de ir al sudeste asiatico.
Saludos
Nico
At 9:13 PM,
Nothing Really Matters said…
What are you saying! You take some really good picture's theyare all really good.
They all look like really nice places.
At 12:36 PM,
Medio Pomelo said…
Thanks everyone!!! I love receiving a few good compliments :o))
Post a Comment
<< Home