Medio Pomelo

Anything that keeps us away from television must be good.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

End of the World Cup.....













....and the beginning of another European Championship....
BORING!!!!!

Four European teams playing for the trophy desired by all the countries in all the continents. The three matches left to play at the World Cup kind of lost the point for me. I was hoping there would be a South American, an Asian, an African and a European selection in the semi-finals to make things even more heated. I mean... c'mon...we had a European competition two years ago already!!!! Let the rest of the world play too!!! We are some selfish buggers here in the old continent.

You see, because my country was not playing at all I was allowed to turn into a global "anything and everything" supporter. You know, the worst kind. The one who supports a different team at each match depending on where she has more friends from. Being an Eastern European myself I started off with Serbia. Soon I went on to cheer for Spain and Argentina because I think they are the coolest nations in the world. (Well... after the Irish of course, but then they stayed in Ireland this year....) Then I supported the USA for all their games just because everyone was rubbishing them. Next was South Korea because I think they have the craziest fans and because they gave us Samsung. And Ghana... Oh Ghana you wonderful :) I have to say I thought they were some cool players dancing some cool dances on and off the pitch.



For the rest of the games? I'm gonna go with Germany for Judith, France for Sandrine, Italy for Alessio but deep inside.... PORTUGAL FOR CRISTIANO RONALDO! :)))

1 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said…

    Hi Tom, can I guess? Conor Sheedy is our friend in common? :))
    Man, was hoping no Irisman would ever read that comment because it will go to their head straigt away but now that you read it (and I assume you are Irish) I always thought your nation had the COOOOOLEST image in the universe. I mean, everyone loves them. (Even the English do, but they don't say) If I had to change nationatlity it would be for Irish...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home