Medio Pomelo

Anything that keeps us away from television must be good.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Closure



Am I overreacting when I say I need to finish off this year's World Cup? Maybe I am just complicating my own emotions now that I have learnt the name for them. The end of the games, however, left a bit of vacuum in my life which I'm sure will be filled in no time so I'm gonna try to speed up the process by writing about it as a means of therapy. After all this is my blog and I can write about anything I want to...

The good things about the World Cup was that
1) It brought my old school friends together after 10 years of not doing anything as a group
2) I met many new people by watching the games in the same bar, I shared a good laugh and some football fuelled hugz
3) Sad as it is the matches gave us something to talk about with my Dad. (Something is surely better than nothing?) It was the first thing in a hundred years we could enjoy together.
4) I learnt where Togo was and the name of Equador's capital. I looked them up in the internet.
5) I was thinking of all my friends from around the world the day their teams played and I sent them e-mails to say, I was thinking of them
6) I learnt all the colours of all the flags of all the nations who played
7) I realised that whatever good you do in your life you will always be remembered of the one head-butting scandal
8) I finally had to give in to the stereotype that the Americans ARE different from the rest of the world. There were more people watching poker on ESPN than soccer during the World Cup! I mean, come on!! :)
9) It gave me a chance to stare at gorgeous looking men playing, shouting, crying, hugging and generally, being sexy
10) I finally understood the off-side rule! Well... kinda :)))

Just for the record, Italia, campeoni du mundo, for any other statistics, including funny ones like who threw the highest number of tantrums or which team knew their national anthems least, click here.

5 Comments:

  • At 6:07 PM, Blogger Fran Invernoz said…

    I'll read your blog about footballo championship in 2.010. Interesant blog I'll visit to read the next posts.

     
  • At 6:26 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    I love the image you posted. LOVE.

    Yeah, I'm a nerd.

     
  • At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOOOWWW... till the end of the post i don't realized that your are talking about football...

    Kepa, Mark, do you remember:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_4sE-gzkbk

    your pict and my video... Nerds Nerds Nerds.

    GeMe

     
  • At 11:28 AM, Blogger Medio Pomelo said…

    haha Gema, excellent video, love it!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ¿GeMa? ¿who is Gema?

    no no no GeMe, GeMeSe, GMS, it mean Great Masturbation System.

    Don't ask please...

    GeMe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home